Friday 9 July 2021

Review: Ghostland

Ghostland Ghostland by Duncan Ralston
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

4 star story but the narration was TRASH.

I decided to go the audiobook route with this one as I picked up the kindle edition as a freebie a while back and wanted something fun to listen to while at work during our most recent lockdown. I tend to miss bits and pieces with audiobooks and this narration did not help at all. Dude had such a dull voice and all the characters sounded the same.

Aside from that, though, I did rather enjoy the story. There was carnage and mayhem, and ghosts, and some unique and interesting ideas. I think it would have been much more intense if I'd read it, but listening to it in a dark store, working on my own in a deserted shopping centre, it was still sufficiently creepy.

Didn't feel particularly invested in any of the characters, but I suspect I would have appreciated Lillian more if, again, I was reading as opposed to listening. She seemed to have a lot of spunk, but being voiced by a dull adult male didn't really help her case.

Overall, it was a fun story, if a little long. Don't know that I enjoyed it enough to continue with the series, but it was a fun way to pass the time while doing monotonous tasks.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment