Thursday 1 July 2021

Review: Jurassic Florida

Jurassic Florida Jurassic Florida by Hunter Shea
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I went into this expecting low quality, high quantity carnage, and really couldn't complain at all.

Polo Springs, Florida, has a lizard problem. Naturally, there's a massive storm on the way to complicate the problem. Who will make it through alive?!

Man, was this FUN. I love lizards. I love mayhem. I love crazy animal rampages. I don't really like people. So I guess this just ticked all the boxes!

There are a variety of characters grouped into different viewpoints, meaning there are plenty of options for lizard chow. There was enough to the characters for me to get a feel for them, but I was happy to never get too attached to them, either. Yes, it's possible I have some latent psychopathic tendencies. *shrugs*

The writing was clearer and far more descriptive and indulgent than I was expecting from this short little rampage, which was an added bonus. This is a talented writer having a lot of fun, and there is still a coherent story to latch onto. I really enjoyed the writing more than I expected to, so I'll definitely read more from this author.

Overall, it was just a fun crazy romp. There were some parts where it was almost too fast for me to catch what was happening, and it did end rather abruptly, but I still had a lot of fun reading it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment