Saturday 6 April 2019

Dymocks 52 Challenge

For Aussie book lovers, the Dymocks 101 is an annual highlight.

Every year readers vote on their favourite books of all time and this is compiled into the Top 101 for that year. Previously, it used to just be open voting, however recently they've been suggesting books for voters so the last few years have contained a fantastic variety of new reads to discover. However there are still some books that have appeared consistently, attesting to their staying power as a captivating novel.

So because I regularly like to bite off more than I can chew, I'm setting myself a new reading challenge.

This year, Dymocks has been promoting reading with their #dymocks52challenge on social media. The challenge is to read one book a week for the year, adding up to 52 books total.

Last year I read 130 books, so it's unsurprising that I've jumped a little ahead on this challenge.

So instead I'm going to venture outside my reading comfort zone and explore the Dymocks 101 a little further. Here's my modified challenge:

Read 38 books from the Dymocks 101 throughout the remaining 38 weeks of the year.

I have the complete lists for 2012 - 2019 and have finally compiled a refined list.

For me, it was important to include books I otherwise wouldn't read so I'm both nervous and excited about this challenge!

Keep an eye out over the next few days when I reveal the list of books I'll be attempting, as well as how I narrowed it down.

Let's have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment