Sunday 10 March 2019

Review: Always and Forever, Lara Jean

Always and Forever, Lara Jean Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Dang, the third book had me worried.

I mean, I really enjoyed the way things wrapped up in the second book, but I felt like there was unfinished business with McClaren and even Josh a little bit so was keen to see what kinda drama was gonna play out in this one, and how Kavinsky would again triumph over all.

But it was all about boring wedding stuff???

I don't care about boring wedding stuff! I don't even like Ms Rothschild! I'm kinda with Margot on that - she just kinda slotted herself into this story and it felt invasive and I did not like it. So naturally I wasn't pleased to spend half of this book reading about her and wedding plans etc.

Then again, my parents have been going solid for 37 years so I wonder if maybe people with lovable step-parents will appreciate it more?

Anyhoo.

The point is that I needed more fun and obnoxious Kavinsky and what I got was Boring Wedding Stuff and Mopey Kavinksy and it just did not do it for me.

But!

There were still some really cute scenes. And Lara Jean is still happy and positive and just as lovable as ever.

I feel like maybe some of the stuff here was added for closure but it felt messy and unauthentic so honestly we probably could have done without this book. It was way less satisfying.

It was still an easy read, and nice and fluffy, and Kavinsky still made me AW out loud, but it was just underwhelming compared to the first two. I'd probably recommend that people who are in love with the first two maybe forget this book was ever written. The heartwarming Kavinsky moments are kind of too little too late, in my opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment