Saturday 9 March 2019

Review: Prince of Nightmares

Prince of Nightmares Prince of Nightmares by John McNee
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I don't even know how I feel about this except that it has some of the best, most gruesome passages I've ever read in my life.

(See my notes and highlights for faves).

The story itself is kinda weird and confusing and all kinds of messed up but eventually I was just in it for the GORE. It's so GROSS. I would be eating lunch and next minute I read something that makes me regret reading and eating at the same time. SO EW.

Which of course just made it so addictive because no one was spared a horrifically gruesome encounter.

I didn't like Victor one ounce, so the story itself didn't do much for me. I found it hard to get a read on him, and I think maybe the characterisation could have been better? But honestly, hello, gratuitous violence. Who needs characterisation when the best scenes are people being mutilated by nightmares/evil non-ghost-spirit-type-things?

See I can't even write a proper review coz I actually kinda have no idea what happened. But like, damn was there some hectic violence in this book.

Honestly just take a flick through and read some random passages. They're so colourful and descriptive. And creative! I mean, no body part is off limits XD

I CAN'T. I need to go read some fluff before bed.

Horror lovers: GO NUTS.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment