Tuesday 19 March 2019

Review: Gravity Is The Thing

Gravity Is The Thing Gravity Is The Thing by Jaclyn Moriarty
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

OH MY FRAGILE HEART.

GUH.

So much love for this. SO MUCH.

When I was younger, I discovered Finding Cassie Crazy. I didn't even realise it was a second book in a series. I just fell instantly in love. It was so witty and light and fun but it had real talk, too, and made you think long and hard about important things.

I loved this for all the same reasons and more. It was so incredibly relevant, despite featuring a single mum. I normally feel distanced from stories told by mothers but not so with this one. Because it's a story about life and how, sometimes, it kinda just happens to you without you getting to have much say.

I don't really want to say too much more, other than that it's beautifully written, and quirky, and disjointed, but somehow so seamless, so elegant and graceful and light. There's true substance but it's not oppressive; it lifts you slowly and lowers you gently.

This is definitely going straight to the bestseller lists when it releases. You'll be crazy to leave it sitting on the shelf.

An absolutely stunning read that left me with a lot to think about, and reaffirmed my admiration for this author. Can't wait to read what she writes next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment