Thursday 7 March 2024

Review: Floating Hotel

Floating Hotel Floating Hotel by Grace Curtis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A cozy lil space story with some excellent characters.

Somehow got from this exactly what I expected? It was a story about various random people in a hotel floating in space. I liked the chill vibe, to be honest. It was calm sci-fi - not something I've really experienced before!

Essentially, all of these characters have a past that led them to this floating hotel. Most are staff, escaping various things, but there are a few regulars as well who round out the story quite well.

I liked that each character's view progressed the story in its own way. There's no real jumping back and forth; the story marches steadily on, gaining greater insight into the players as we go.

No hectic terminology or wildly deep ideas. Just a soft lil space adventure featuring a bunch of misfits.

I do think things could have been a little more thrilling, but as it is I still enjoyed getting to know the characters and their stories. There were still plenty of moments that kept me invested in these people, the hotel, and the collective future of all.

With thanks to Netgalley for an e-ARC

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment