Monday 4 March 2024

Review: Hereafter

Hereafter Hereafter by Tara Hudson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Amelia sure pants a lot for a ghost.

A romantic love story between a dead girl and an alive boy. Awww. So sweet.

I mock, but it wasn't too bad for what it was, to be honest.

Amelia is definitely not curious enough for me - she's been wandering for an indiscriminate amount of time but wakes up when she sees a boy drowning in the same river she drowned in. This forges an unusual connection between the two, and she's more interested in getting to know him than herself. PFFT.

I wanted to know EVERYTHING about this mystery girl, so I'm glad Josh took the initiative. I was insatiably curious about her history and who she was in life, and it kept me reading compulsively. It helps that the text is big and well-spaced so it was easy to devour on a readathon weekend.

There is of course a ghostly villain, but Eli was a bit pathetic. He's loathsome but seems kinda harmless? So I never felt threatened by him and didn't understand why Amelia did.

You really can't think too much about this one, because dead+alive romance makes ZERO SENSE but aside from that it was a cute lil romance. Still a better love story than Twilight.

Pace is decent, and the language is easy enough. This is a homely lil paranormal romance that questions all the same things the reader does. The characters are easy to like (Except Eli, but that's kind of the point, I guess) and there's enough balance between the soft romance and the paranormal action to keep everyone happy.

Not one that'll leave a mark, but sweet enough that I enjoyed the read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment