Monday 25 March 2024

Review: The Teacher's Secret

The Teacher's Secret The Teacher's Secret by Lauren North
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Narrated by Emma Woods

A lot of twists and turns in this one!

Bit of a mixed bag, here. I had the narration on x2 because it was frustratingly slow and drawn out. A lot of extra info to set up all the red herrings, and the vagueness with no real point did get a little trying after a while.

Completely loathsome characters - I didn't like any of them at all and felt no sympathy for anyone involved - particularly once true colours were revealed, too!

Still, there was a lot of misdirection, and even though it was easy to guess things weren't what they seemed, there were still plenty of questions about what was actually going on. It kept me intrigued and keen to solve what was going on.

The story was probably a little heavy with extra information and unnecessary twists, but it was still intriguing and I did enjoy the guessing at everything. Crime lovers should find themselves easily entertained by this one.

With thanks to Netgalley for an audio ARC

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment