Saturday 29 June 2019

Challenge Review: Big Little Lies

My #Dymocks52challenge 10/38 for Week 24.

Title: Big Little Lies
Author: Liane Moriarty
Published: 25/12/14
First appearance in 101: 2017
Years in 101: 3
2019 101 ranking: #18
Rating: 3 stars


Why I chose this book:
I had to see what the hype was all about with this one. As with anything that is adapted for the screen, I became curious about what the appeal was. As mentioned previously, Liane Moriarty had three novels in the Top 101 this year, so it was time to investigate.

Thoughts:
Another overrated one, I'm afraid! It was interesting and kept me entertained but it also just seemed a bit inconsistent in tone. I didn't really like any of the characters and while the bitchiness was a bit of fun the darker stuff made it seem a little off-kilter.

You can read my full review on Goodreads here.


Verdict: Was it worthy?

Here we go again with a book of the moment making the list. This is obviously having a good run thanks to the TV series, but overall I don't think it has the staying power and will be forgotten soon enough. Always nice to see an Aussie author representing, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment