Sunday 16 June 2019

Challenge Review: Nine Perfect Strangers

My #Dymocks52challenge 8/38 for Week 22.


Title: Nine Perfect Strangers
Author: Liane Moriarty
Published: 18/9/18
First appearance in 101: 2019
Years in 101: 1
2019 101 ranking: #24
Rating: 2 stars


Why I chose this book:
I almost didn't - this was my very last choice for the list. I'd only read one of Liane Moriarty's books in the past (The Hypnotist's Love Story) and wasn't too impressed so I haven't been in a hurry to read more from her. But with 3 books in this year's Top 101, she's pretty hyped, and as something of a hippie myself I thought the premise sounded rather intriguing.

Thoughts:

Tragically disappointing. 3 stars is generous, because this ended up being kind of offensive and ridiculous. I didn't mind some of the character development, but in general it was pretty underwhelming. Still not quite understanding the Liane Moriarty hype, to be honest!

You can read my full review on Goodreads here.



Verdict: Was it worthy?

Not even a little bit. This was such a bland book and I've seen very few positive reviews of it so I'm actually shocked it made it on the list! Highly doubt it will see a second run.

No comments:

Post a Comment