Monday 15 April 2024

Review: My Not So Perfect Summer

My Not So Perfect Summer My Not So Perfect Summer by Phoebe MacLeod
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A sweet lil country romance with characters that were easy to like.

I'm notoriously bad at sticking with e-books, but this one was easy enough to hold my attention and allow me to finish it.

I'm not big on romance, but every now and then I don't mind a bit of fluff in my book diet and this just hit the spot nicely. Helps that the title was needed for a group challenge!

This sets up the city girl in the small town after her life is upended, and it's a trope that always works for me. In this instance, I found Autumn really easy to like, because instead of complaining and wallowing she just gets on with things.

The pace was fast and the story did feel like it was rushing moments sometimes - time passed very quickly - but I honestly didn't mind that at all. I wasn't looking for a great amount of depth from these characters, so what I got was enough.

It did feel a little too easy, and things just seemed to fall into place readily, but again, my standards were low so I wasn't too concerned. I was happy to just go along with things.

This ended up being a fun read that kept me invested and entertained. I'd recommend it for readers looking for some light 'chick lit' reading to pass the time.

With thanks to NetGalley for an e-ARC

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment