Friday 26 April 2024

Review: All the Hidden Monsters

All the Hidden Monsters All the Hidden Monsters by Amie Jordan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Narrated by Kate Dobson
Presented by Bolinda Audio


Oh this was such a delight!

From start to finish, I was immersed in this one. The characters are fantastic, there's an intriguing mystery regarding murdered werewolves, and there's enough character stuff to get me invested without slowing down the action.

Sage is a Werewolf who wants to be a detective, Oren is a warlock detective who prefers to work alone. When a friend of Sage turns up dead, the two must work together to solve the case.

I just loved all of this. The premise was so original, and the characters so full of life (despite some of them being dead). The story flowed so neatly, and the narration really brought the characters a lot of warmth. There's a decent pace that keeps the story moving forward, while still making time for us to get to know everyone.

I really enjoyed the narration, too; I thought it was done well.

This was a unique urban fantasy and I'd love to read more set in this world.

With thanks to NetGalley for an audio ARC


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment