Monday 29 July 2019

Challenge Review: Becoming

My #dymocks52challenge book 15/38, for week 29.

Title: Becoming
Author: Michelle Obama
Published: 13/11/18
First appearance in 101: 2019 (#14)
Years in 101: 1
2019 101 ranking: #14
Rating: 4 stars



Why I chose this book:
New to the list this year, Michelle Obama's biography is a book I've wanted to read since I've learned of its existence late last year. I always figured she'd have an interesting story to tell, so I was happy to add this one to the list when it came to filling in the extra spaces.


Thoughts:
Definitely an interesting story to tell! There's a lot of substance here, and a message of hope and perseverance that I think will always be relevant. I loved the way it was written, and even with all the political stuff I stayed interested throughout.

You can read my full review on Goodreads here.


Verdict: Was it worthy?

Absolutely. A powerful voice, and one I think we could all do to listen to. I can't imagine a time when the themes of her story won't be relevant. Her strength of character is evident, and I think this book will continue to inspire for as long as there are people reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment