Monday 29 July 2019

Review: Fortune

Fortune Fortune by Lenny Bartulin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a strange book!

Not gonna lie, I mostly wanted to read it because I fell in love with that cover. So pretty.

The story is random, and at times hard to follow, but I kind of enjoyed being swept up and along? I really enjoyed the unpredictability of it; that there wasn't really a plot other than kind of watching at the window of these lives as they progressed.

There's several stories and I don't think I could name a favourite, as there were fascinating happenings across the globe. Strange occurrences and intertwining fates and luck and un-luck. What a whirlwind.

It's vague and meaty all the same; it dances back and forth between people and places but endlessly moves forward, dragging these souls with it. There were some really fun adventures, and some gruesome details not for the faint of heart; there was love and tenderness and tragedy.

I don't think it's for everyone but I'm surprised at how much I loved the randomness of it. Worth a shot for people looking to taste something a little more unique.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment