Monday 29 July 2019

Review: The Art of Self-kindness

The Art of Self-kindness The Art of Self-kindness by Rebecca Ray
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ah, yes. This is the kind of hippie book I like; the kind of book that makes my soul sing.

It's nothing to get bogged down by, it's not a challenge or a chore to read, it's just a simple reminder to take a little time to think of yourself every now and then.

It breaks down the practice of self-kindness into several areas for you to focus on, and offers inspiring words and insight into how you can integrate small changes that will help you be kinder to yourself. Don't expect common platitudes - there is honest, practical wisdom here that will have even the most time-poor cynics feeling like this might be something they can get on board with.

Added to the value of the writing is the stunning aesthetic, too: this beautiful little hardcover in shades of white and green (my favourite colour) and filled with elegant designs is rather soothing itself.

This is not just one for my fellow hippies - this is for anyone who recognises they might need a hand in slowing down, for the person who is constantly seeing to the needs of others before their own needs. This is for people who need a gentle reminder that it's okay to be as kind to yourself as you are to those around you.

I think everyone deserves this book, and the message it's sending. I hope you all find the time for its wisdom.

With thanks to the publisher for my ARC

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment