Tuesday 30 July 2019

Challenge Review: Boy Swallows Universe

My #dymocks52challenge book 16/38, for week 30.

Title: Boy Swallows Universe
Author: Trent Dalton
Published: 18/6/18
First appearance in 101: 2019 (#5)
Years in 101: 1
2019 101 ranking: #5
Rating: 4 stars



Why I chose this book:
That close to the top on debut, I wanted to see what all the fuss was about! It sounded interesting enough, and supporting Aussie authors is always appealing.


Thoughts:I wasn't sure how this one was going to go, but once I gave it a proper chance I found myself completely sucked in. The writing was a bit off-putting for me, but it turned out to be one heck of a story.

You can read my full review on Goodreads here.


Verdict: Was it worthy?
Definitely. This is a masterpiece of Australian literature that's written eloquently but also tells an incredible story. This one will stay with folks for a while and I hope it sticks around for many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment